Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Boston At Edgar Street On Saturday April 20th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Barkhuizen Becomes Second Loan Signing

Blackpool's teenage forward Thomas Barkhuizen has been confirmed as the second loan signing of the day by the Bulls.

The 18 year old comes to Edgar Street until January after proving his fitness in a Tangerines reserve team outing against Celtic. It was only his second full game in seven months after injury, telling Blackpool's official site:

"I'm really pleased with how things are going, I was cramping up towards the end in both hamstrings but that's only my second 90 minutes in seven months so it's just nice to get through a full game.

"I've been training really hard on the training ground and in the gym as well and I actually feel better than I did before the injury, I think I've come back stronger physically and mentally and I think that my knowledge of the game is a bit better as well.

"The gaffer has been helping me in terms of taking my man on in different ways and I'm feeling good and really confident about the season ahead."

The teenager also played 37 minutes of their Carling Cup match with Sheff Weds.