Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Fleets Speaks To The Elastico

Football website The Elastico has interviewed Stuart Fleetwood about his early career:

As a result of your great season, you moved to League 1 outfit Charlton, but never played a league game for the club. What went wrong there so early into a three year deal?

When I moved to Charlton they were a Championship team who were relegated in my first season there! I was out on loan when Pardew was sacked and therefore didn’t get the chance to play towards the end of the season, when a few players were being given opportunities! Then, in my second season, I was told that I would mainly be a substitute and I wanted to play regularly, so opted to go out on loan again for the season. Come the third season and I realised I wouldn’t play, so I was sold to Hereford.

You are now back at Hereford once more. What is it about the club that persuaded you to make the return?

Obviously, I know the club well and have family and friends here so coming back was easy! The security of a 2 year deal was attractive and it wasn’t a hard decision to make!

The full interview, where he talks about his time at Cardiff and Forest Green, can be seen here.