Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Away At Curzon Ashton On Saturday 19th October at 3.00pm

Thursday, April 07, 2011

Pitman Unhappy with Commision's Findings

Hereford United manager Jamie Pitman is unhappy with the findings of yesterday's FL commission into the use of an unregistered player by the Bulls, and one by Torquay, when the teams met in February.

"Why it's taken nine weeks to come to this decision is a bit of a disgrace when they can go and make other decisions much quicker," he said.

"If they had done it after a week we could have just got on with it, now we have to pick everybody back up again and get on with it.

"It's just a bit of a farce really. It's something that's completely out of my control, the incident was nothing to do with me.

"We've done a great job here to get us to a position where we feel we're safe and it's nothing that the players have done, nothing the (management) staff have done, it's a complete admin job and we're the ones who have to suffer the consequences.

"That's the reality of it and that's the disappointment of it.

"Why not just both get a one-point deduction and a fine? Why should it be any different because we've won the game and they've lost the game?

"That's something I can't get my head around really."

Pitman has also be quoted by PA Sport.

"We`ve been under pressure since October when I took over," he said.

"I picked us up then, I`ve picked us up when we`ve been down before and I`m going to have to pick myself up as well. I will keep doing that because I know what I`ve done over the last six months has been nothing shy of unbelievable.

"We`ve still got a five-point gap and we need to make sure we keep that, to do that we need to play like we have in recent weeks. I`ve got a great set of lads, we`ve stuck together all season and we`ll do so again. This will just lift us even more now and give us even more determination to make sure we see the job through, and that`s all we can do because we`ve done our jobs all year."