Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Hythe Chairman Shaving Pledge

The Chairman of Hythe Town has pledged not to shave until his team are knocked out of the FA Cup.

Paul Maitland saw his side defeat Staines last Saturday and is now looking forward to the next round at Hereford in nine days time.

"When we won, I promised everyone I wouldn't shave again till we got knocked out," Maitland told the Kent Gazette.

"I was very whiskery at the game on Saturday but thought I'd be able to shave afterwards but obviously not.

"I'm normally clean-shaven so I find it a bit itchy – but I don't mind.

"This sort of thing won't happen again in my lifetime and it's a reward for all of us for all the hard work that goes on, on and off the pitch – it makes up for those frosty mornings when two men and a dog are watching and we lose 1-0.

"We said we wanted to get a league club in the draw and we have – and one which hasn't won at home this season so we're thinking 'you never know'."