Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Thursday, July 01, 2010

Stopper Connor Signs Up

Republic Of Ireland B keeper Dan Connor has signed a two year deal at Edgar Street.

Connor, 29, played eight times for Peterboro after coming to England as a teenager, but has spent the last seven years in the League of Ireland, most recently for St Pats Athletic. He won the title there in 2007 with Drogheda and earned Eire u21 and B international recognition.

He spoke to the Official Site about the financial problems in Irish football: "Football in the Republic has been going through a well publicised off-field crisis in recent years and I've been looking to get back in to the Football League in England for a while now but the right opportunity hadn't really presented itself.

"...When my agent told me that Simon Davey was interested, I was really excited and when I met him today and heard what he had to say, that sealed it for me. His reputation precedes him and he's clearly got a well defined plan for the club and what he expects from the team. He's trying to build something quite special here and I want to be an important part of it all."

A full interview is available on the OS.

Meanwhile his St Pats manager Pete Mohan has spoken to their official site about the move: “Dan is a model pro, myself and John have really enjoyed working with him and we wish him every success with his move to Hereford”.