Wednesday, July 07, 2010

McCallum Only Had Eyes For The Imps

Departed Bulls striker Gavin McCallum says he only wanted to join Lincoln of all the clubs that wanted his signature.

The Canadian told the Lincolnshire Echo: "As soon as I sat down and spoke with the manager then it became pretty clear to me that Lincoln were the only club that I wanted to sign for. He went into detail about his plans, about what he wants to achieve, his ambition and feels he can help improve my game along the way.

"That was a perfect match for my ambitions and I cannot wait to get started now because I do feel we have the ability to push for a play-off place. I want to be testing myself, trying to reach the highest level I can and hopefully I can do that here. I know the league, I know the teams, and we have a great chance.

"There’s no doubt it will be a challenge but it’s one that I and all the team will be ready for."

Meanwhile, former Bull Alex Jeannin is still wanted by Truro City. Now 32, Jeannin missed last season after breaking a leg in pre-season with Truro last summer before he had signed a deal. Since last summer, Truro have changed manager twice with former Torquay midfielder Lee Hodges now in charge.

In other ex-Bull news Dan Preston has signed his first professional contract at Birmingham. The 18 year old was signed on loan by John Trewick in February, making four appearances, but quickly dropped from the first team picture as Graham Turner resumed control.