Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Home Against Farsley Celtic On Saturday March 23rd Kick-Off 3.00pm

Thursday, June 24, 2010

EPL Interview with Simon Davey

Recently Hereford United's manager Simon Davey was in the USA working with Paul Scholes of Manchester United at a coaching school. Whilst there both gave an interview to EPL.

Davey had not been confirmed as the new Bulls manager when the interview was recorded but he talks about his life in football starting with Swansea City, why he had to quit playing and meeting David Beckham.

He started talking about America.

"I've done a lot of work in America at the Mid West soccer acadamy with Tony Sharp and we managed to pull together Paul Scholes. Paul has been fanastic working with the kids everyday.

"It's good for me as a manager in England to come out and put my name to something of good stature.

"I was born in Swansea and I was an apprentice and played from the age of 16 at Swansea. Spent five seasons with them and the moved to Carlisle. Spent three seasons there and then on to Preston.

"I had a good career, although nowhere near as good as Paul, but I did okay. Unfortunately I finished through injury. Just 27 years old I found myself with a back injury so I took up the coaching route."

The whole interview can be found at http://www.epltalk.com/paul-scholes-interview-exclusive/21251.

Davey's part starts after around seven minutes.