Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Superman Considers Move To South Africa

Former Hereford United goalkeeper 'Superman' Wayne Brown is off to South Africa to see if he could continue his career there after being released by Bury.

"I have known for a while that I might not be staying at the club and have been looking elsewhere," Brown told the Bury Times.

"I am travelling to South Africa at the end of the month and I am going to see if I like it out there.

"If not, I am sure there are a few clubs in the Football League that will be interested in me.

"I hope I can keep playing for another seven or eight years, and it would be nice if I could combine that with some coaching too. That is certainly something I am looking at."

UPDATED 4pm:

Bury manager Alan Knill looks to be under pressure to reduce wage costs.

"Wayne is one of our top earners so we have to weigh up if we wish to re-sign him. That would cost us the same money and we have a young goalkeeper coming through on x-amount of pounds, so there is a saving there," Knill told the Manchester Evening News.

"It is a way of recouping the money. We wanted the best goalkeeper and that is why we got Wayne.

"He had been promoted with Hereford and we got him. But Cameron (Belford) has done well and the difference in wages is vast so we think that we can save money and bring on a young goalkeeper."