Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Saturday, March 20, 2010

One of the most difficult days - Turner

There's little doubt that when you've worked with someone closely for several years, sacking that person isn't easy but that's what Hereford United chairman Graham Turner had to do with John Trewick last week.

"It was one of the most difficult days I've experienced in football," Turner told BBC Hereford and Worcester.

"Without a shadow of a doubt it was a difficult weekend - I gave it a lot of thought.

"For a variety of reasons I thought it was the right time - I'll keep most of those reasons to myself - but we had a good time together over a period of time with me as manager and John as coach. He's a good coach.

"That was the disappointment but it's happened."

Turner also discussed the vacant manager's position.

"I can see myself doing the job until we get safe or until the end of the season.

"I can't envisage at all, in any way, shape or form, me being manager of Hereford United next season.

"There's a right cross-section of people out there with some experience. Coaches and managers looking for work. There are some young people who have just taken their qualifications.

"I know the scramble that takes place when there is a vacancy and it will take some time to sift through all those.

"In the meantime I'll continue to pick the team, take the training and work to change results around.

"But in the longer term the situation at the club is I will not be manager next season."