Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Trewick Asked Gradi About Lunt

Dario Gradi says John Trewick asked him about Kenny Lunt before bringing him to Edgar Street.

The Crewe boss had Lunt in his side for several years and gave a good report to Trewick: "Kenny has always been one of my favourite players and we know what he is capable of. I spoke to their new manager in the summer and he asked me about Kenny. I said to him are you going to get the ball down and play some football and he said 'yes', so I said that Kenny would be fine.

"Kenny isn't interested in a team that just launches it to the front men, he is a footballer and likes to pass the ball, so I am expecting a good football match tonight."

The Railwaymen have played twice since the Bulls last played on Boxing Day, losing 4-1 at Macclesfield and 2-0 at Dagenham.