Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Home Against Farsley Celtic On Saturday March 23rd Kick-Off 3.00pm

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Manager Disappointed With Ref

A poor refereeing decision, a penalty decision not given. At least it wasn't John Trewick complaining this time.

Speaking to the press after the game, Micky Adams believes his side should have had a penalty in the incident that saw Lewis Haldane booked for diving. A decision the other way round may have seen Sam Gwynne sent off, after being booked just two minutes earlier.

Adams told the press: "It was a sending off that could have been avoided. I thought it was a penalty and I think Lewis Haldane did get tripped in the box, so he was harshly treated there.

"When the ball was out of play (for the second booking) all he was trying to do was get it back in play. But in his enthusiasm he's managed to grab him around the face and neck and you can't do that these days. He's been a little bit silly and I can't condone his second booking because in his enthusiasm he has managed to get himself sent off and put us in a spot of bother. But we are delighted with the three points in the context of the game and with what happened. It was a fantastic result for us."

Haldane believes he was hard done in both instances, adding: "The defender has stuck his leg out and took me off balance so I went down and thought it was a penalty, but he booked me. With the second booking their player has come in and put his studs on my knee to foul me, but I managed to jump out of the way.

"He's grabbed the ball and I wanted it because I thought it was a free kick for us. I put my arm on him, not intentionally to hurt him, but to get the ball. But the referee has come over and sent me off which is disappointing because I don't think that was a booking."

Both Haldane and the Bulls' Ryan Valentine will serve one match bans. Valentine will miss Tuesday's home match with Lincoln.