Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Home Against Farsley Celtic On Saturday March 23rd Kick-Off 3.00pm

Saturday, January 23, 2010

I feel hard done by again - Trewick

Hereford United manager John Trewick was far from happy with referee Tony Bates this afternoon at Gigg Lane after the Bulls lost 1-0 to Bury.

"I'm just very annoyed with the referee quite frankly," Trewick told BBC Hereford and Worcester.

"It was clearly not a foul for the free kick from which they scored from.

"Their players said he just fell over.

"For me Craig King was fouled for a penalty when he was going through, Leon Constantine had his shirt pulled when he was having a headed attempt at goal from five or six yards out which has distracted him.

"I just feel hard done by again. I feel like I am having a moan again, which I guess I am.

"But this happens far too often for us and it's got to change. Something has got to happen because it's costing us points.

"It's hard to take."

Trewick then gave his view on the game.

"I thought we were a little bit lacking in the first half but apart from the referee's decision for the free kick we kept a clean sheet in that half.

"Second half we were the better side.

"I just feel very disappointed losing the game in the circumstances."

Meanwhile Trewick took no part in the warm-up before the game. He left that task to Jamie Pitman and Tony Ford (pictured).