Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Away At Curzon Ashton On Saturday 19th October at 3.00pm

Friday, April 03, 2009

Gulacsi Doubt For Pools Trip

Goalkeeper Peter Gulacsi is a doubt for tomorrow's trip to Hartlepool after picking up a knee injury in training.

The Hungarian has returned to Liverpool to assess the injury, and the Bulls now face the prospect of fielding non-contract keeper Jose Veiga in tomorrow's match with Craig Samson still recovering from groin surgery. Turner told the Worcester News: "It's a nightmare. At the moment I have nine players out and come Saturday I believe it will be 11."

The other addition to the injury list is Darren Dennehy, who has an ear and throat infection, but Turner told the paper that he had confidence in his threadbare squad:

"Sometimes in the face of adversity you can get a positive response and that is what we are looking for. You have to look at the quality your players have and I want them to stand up and be counted."

Meanwhile Gulasci has spoken to the Hereford Times about his injury.

“I started to feel pain in the back of my knee on Wednesday morning. I want to play on Saturday but the decision will be with Liverpool. I have been playing a lot of games and, of course, it’s a new experience for my body. I think it’s just a reaction to playing a lot of games in a short space of time.”