Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Guinan gets his 13th goal

Steve Guinan scored his 13th goal of the season this afternoon against Leicester but as he told BBC Hereford and Worcester the side just haven't scored enough goals.

"It's a decent tally for me in a relegation side. It's a good penalty and I made up for my mistake on Tuesday night" said the Hereford United striker.

"It's been a poor season for everyone with me top scorer with 13, then Febian on 4.

"It tells a story, we haven't scored enough goals and conceded too many."

As regards the game itself Guinan thought the Bulls did reasonably well.

"I don't think first half there was much in the game. I think we knew what they would do - pump a lot of balls upto Howard. I think we contained them quite well.

"They had a fair bit of possession first half, all in front of us and never really hurt us. At half time I thought down towards our fans I thought we had a good chance here and we started off the second half with a good spell.

"But again it's another stupid defensive error from us which has cost us then they got their tails up."

Hereford had a good spell in the middle of the second half.

"When we do get the ball down like we did and the fans were 'olaying' we look a good team and we could pass Leicester off the park but we haven't done it often enough. That's our strength but when we play the long ball like we did against Brighton on Tuesday we look a League Two side."