Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Easton On Trial At Mansfield

Released Bulls midfielder Clint Easton is to play a reserve match for Mansfield this afternoon.

The former Watford and Gillingham man will face Shrewsbury at Field Mill. The Stags will field a number of trialists in the match including striker Danny Bacon, who caused the Bulls a number of problems as they dipped out of the FA Trophy to Hucknall in 2005.

Stags manager David Holdsworth told the local press: "Clint is someone I have known for a long time from when I was at Watford. He is a good character, puts an excellent ball in and if I can tie him down then I will do. The good thing is he wants to play for me."

Edit - Slops won the game 0-2. Easton played in centre midfield for The Stags but was subbed at half-time.