Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Friday, August 29, 2008

Connell signs for Cherries

Former Hereford United striker Alan Connell has rejoined Bournemouth. He has signed a two year deal and is expected to go straight into the Cherries squad for their game at Port Vale tomorrow.

"Although I had another year left at Brentford, the chance to join Bournemouth was too good to turn down. I was very disillusioned with what happened there and, as soon as I heard of Bournemouth's interest, I jumped at the chance to come back," Connell told the Daily Echo.

"There is no other club I would have joined in the position they are in but it's a special club for me and I've always had an affinity for Bournemouth. They gave me my debut and I'm desperate to see the club be a success."