Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Monday, April 21, 2008

Arrogant Dons says Stockport's Gannon

Despite losing 3-2 to Mk Dons on Saturday, Stockport manager Jim Gannon has heaped praise on his squad and whilst having a go at Mk Dons.

"I'm proud of the way my players conducted themselves - they've got the best disciplinary record in the league," Gannon told the Manchester Evening News.

"Personal mistakes cost us and the lads are disappointed about that. But I told them the other 99 things they did well so they shouldn't be too hard on themselves on the one thing they do wrong."

Gannon was upset when Lloyd Dyer celebrated after the Dons scored their third goal.

"Although MK Dons have got some quality players and play some good football I think they epitomise a lot of what I don't like about the game in England - snide practices, using fouls as a tactic, time-wasting gamesmanship and, most of all, arrogance."