Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Stanley isn't bigger than Morecambe

Former Hereford United midfielder Craig Stanley may have played his last game for Morecambe.

"There have been a few disciplinary matters with Stanley and as a manager I have to draw a line somewhere," said manager Sammy McIlroy.

"He's done well for me, played a big part in getting us out of the Conference, but I have to show players we have to be disciplined. One player isn't bigger than the club.

"I have had a word with the chairman and my staff and they have given me their full backing.

"It was not once or twice, it was three times. At the end of the day, I have 20-odd players available for selection."

Meanwhile Morecambe have launched a new website which is all about the proposals for their new stadium.

"The proposal will deliver a stadium worthy of a Football League side and will give an enormous boost to the club and people of Morecambe alike. The stadium will provide top class facilities for players, fans and sponsors and will be a historic development in the life of Morecambe Football Club," said chairman Peter McGuigan.