Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Threlfall dreams of playing for Liverpool

Hereford United's Robbie Threlfall, on loan at Edgar Street from Liverpool, has been talking to the Liverpool Echo about his pleasure in having a chance to play in the FA Cup.

"I've always dreamed of playing in the FA Cup. I'm grateful Hereford have given me the chance."

Threlfall, who will be 19 next Sunday, is one of a number of Liverpool player given a chance to test themselves in 'league football'.

"Hereford came in for me in May but the club decided it was too soon.

"But when they came in for me again earlier this month, reserve team manager Gary Ablett thought the time was right.

"I'm made up because it is a new test. I've come through the ranks at Liverpool and learned so much there, but this is totally different. I'm learning something different every day."

Currently Threlfall is behind several players at Ainfield such as John Arne Riise, Fabio Aurelio, Alvaro Arbeloa and Emiliano Insua. But he hopes that one day he dream to play for Liverpool will come true.

"I know it won't be easy because there are so many good players at Liverpool but if I do well at Hereford I know it won't go unnoticed at Liverpool because they have scouts checking on you all the time.

"It is still my dream to play for Liverpool."