Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Away At Bishop Stortford In The FA Cup On Saturday 28 September at 3.00pm

Monday, January 08, 2007

Barker's move from Mansfield completed

Ritchie Barker has completed his transfer from Mansfield to Hartlepool so will not face Hereford United next Saturday at Edgar Street.

Barker has been captain of the Stags for the last eighteen months.

The fee is beleived to be about £80,000.

Meanwhile manager Billy Dearden should be able to sign a few new player with the funds from Barker's transfer and also a reputed £125,000 when Liam Lawrence, who was at Mansfield, finalised a move from Sunderland to Stoke. Mansfield had a sell-on clause in the deal.

"I have not spoken to the chief executive about the money situation yet but when I agreed to come back to the club I was told that money would be made available for me to bring players in. I am confident that we will be able to get things moving over the next week or two. I would like to think that I could have at least one player in for the game against Hereford on January 13 but I don't want to start speculating," said Dearden.

Richard Beeby from Northamptonshire will be the referee next Saturday.

Finally BBC Hereford and Worcester have reported that Jon Wallis has returned to Hereford from Dover. Wallis has been on-loan for two months at the Kent club and played his last game for them on December 30th.