Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Stansfield Expects First Time Promotion With Grecians

Former Bulls striker Adam Stansfield expects to be a Football League player in 12 months time.

Speaking to the Exeter Express and Echo, Stansfield expects his new side to become his third Conference promotion side: "I have been promoted with the last two clubs I have been with and there is no reason why Exeter can't be the third. I do feel I am only dropping back into the Conference for one year as I am confident we can get promoted next season."

Stansfield also expects 20 goals a season from himself, a target he failed to hit at Edgar Street: "At the start of every season I set myself a target of at least 20 goals. If I can stay injury-free then I am sure I can achieve that."

Stansfield then went on to speak about the Bulls: "Leaving Hereford was hard, it is a lovely place and the people there have been really good to me and my family. But they wouldn't offer me more than a year and I needed to look after my family and the offer from Exeter was a good one. And coming back to Devon will be good for the kids. It will be nice for them to see their grandparents more often."

But Stansfield refuted reports that he had 'done the dirty' on the Bulls: "What has come out has actually made me look quite bad, but I rang Hereford a week ago last Friday to let them know I was rejecting their contract offer."