Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Away At Warrington On Tuesday 22nd October at 7.45pm

Friday, April 14, 2006

Taylor hopes for Saddlers start

Daryl Taylor has returned to Walsall from Hereford United after playing his last game of his loan spell for the Bulls against Dagenham last Saturday. He is hoping that the new manager at the Bescot Stadium will consider him for selection tomorrow.

The 21 year-old, who made ten appearances for The Bulls during his loan spell at Edgar Street, could well be involved in The Saddlers' run-in for the final five games of the season. And if he does force his way into Kevan Broadhurst's plans, he is determined to make the most of the opportunity.

"I feel fitter and sharper now than I have ever done," said Birmingham-born Taylor as reported on the official Walsall website.

"Playing in the Conference as a winger, you know you're going to get kicked all over the place, so you have to always be one step ahead.

"It may not seem as quick as League football when you're watching it, but for me it is. I feel really sharp and I'd like to think that if I get the chance to impress, I'll take it."