Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Boston At Edgar Street On Saturday April 20th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Wright playing for Hednesford

Ian Wright, the former Hereford United captain, is playing at Hednesford after coming out of retirement reports the Non-League Paper.

Wright moved from Edgar Street to Burton Albion but his time there was cut short when an injury to his right ankle meant he had to have two operations.

"The doctors told me I should stop playing or I wouldn't be able to walk in ten years' time," said Wright who lives near Hednesford and started training with them last autumn. When hit by injuries, he agreed to help and play for them.

"Hednesford asked if I would help them over their crisis. I agreed and the ankle stood up all right so there were no problems."

Wright has started nine times for the club since his return to the game.