Andy Whing is hopeful that part-time Brackley can have a better season after bringing in twelve fresh faces to his squad.
The former Hereford coach also said that he had made changes to the way the club prepares for games.
“I think there was a lack of contact time at the sort of business end of last season," Whing told the Banbury Guardian.
"But look, I just don't think we were good enough. I think, regardless of contact time, regardless of whatever, we just weren't good enough in those last couple of months.
"I think because we’ve had a pre-season, we've had loads of meetings, loads of training sessions, and obviously games where we're getting together… it's been miles better.
"We'll have a meeting on Tuesday, we've got a pre-match on Thursday and analysis. So, we're using the time wisely.”
Whing hopes for a 'better feel' this season.
“The one thing that these (players) do, they adapt and learn. They're taking it on board, which is brilliant.
“I’ve said to them, there's loads more to learn. There's loads more to come from this team, which for me is exciting.
“I think there's a good group in there where when things aren't going well, they'll work even harder for each other.
“That's the kind of dressing room we want. I’m pleased.”
Brackley were relegated to the National North League at the end of last season.
.png)