ad banner

Text at top (next game etc)

Next game: Pre-season friendly against Shrewsbury at Edgar Street On Tuesday July 28th at 7.45pm

Season tickets on sale now

Top stories

TOP STORIES:
Loading headlines...

Breaking

Wednesday, July 29, 2026

We Did Enough To Win Said Shrewsbury Manager


Shrewsbury manager Gavin Cowan felt his side did enough to win last night's friendly at Hereford despite going down to an early goal.

“We had a little bit of an environment shock in the first 10 minutes, I relayed to players that I don’t think Hereford will be seeing this as a pre-season friendly - I think we were very much thinking it was going to be that, and it certainly wasn’t," said Cowan as reported by the Shropshire Star.

“We went 1-0 down and we were miles off it in terms of our application, which I’ve not said previously.

“Thereafter, we came into the game and just dominated and created a lot of chances and didn’t convert, which obviously that’s what the game’s about, outcomes.

“You see the second half, we took complete control of the game. We had I don’t know how many chances (there were) - my centre-halves could have scored a couple between them, if not hat-tricks. 

"We need to do better in terms of finishing, which I think is coming. I’m seeing it in training every day, so I think it’s going to come.

“But tonight, for whatever reason, we just couldn’t. I think they might have had some sort of spell on the goal or whatever, but it just wouldn't go in.”