ad banner

Text at top (next game etc)

Next game: Pre-season friendly against Shrewsbury at Edgar Street On Tuesday July 28th at 7.45pm

Season tickets on sale now

Top stories

TOP STORIES:
Loading headlines...

Breaking

Pages

Thursday, July 30, 2026

Clucas To Leave Shrewsbury

Former Hereford United striker Sam Clucas is set to leave Shrewsbury.

Clucas was seen warming up at Edgar Street last Tuesday before the friendly.

However manager Gavin Cowan has said his future is not with Shrewsbury.

“I think there’s been some interest in him," said Cowan. “It’s really down to his agent, to our CEO. I’m not too privy to what goes on. But the movement is down to them and what it is that they want to do.

“I’ve been quite vocal that he’s not going to be part of my plans. He’s on the transfer list.

“We want to do things right. But it’s his prerogative, he will decide his future.”

Meanwhile another Shrewsbury player is likely to be at a different club shortly.

Striker Callum Stewart is expected to join a National League club.

“Yes, he has a lot of suitors from the National League. I think he’s in the process of choosing them at the moment.

“He’s a very good player. I think the National League is really hot for him right now. I think he’s got a few choices to make."